Ads by Google

Get This Pop-up Window


Thursday 20 November 2014

Chris Algieri is ’110 per cent’ prepared for Manny Pacquiao after ‘strenuous’ 10-week training camp

Pac-Algieri
Chris Algieri arrives in Macao ahead of Manny Pacquiao challenge and discusses everything from handsomeness to Zab Judah

UST one day after arriving in Macao, undefeated WBO light-welterweight champion Chris Algieri resumed his promotional roadwork for the biggest fight of his professional life – challenging WBO welterweight champion, Manny Pacquiao.

On a busy Sunday in the St. Mark’s Square section of the Shoppes at Venetian, Algieri made a public appearance where was greeted by hundreds of fans, posed for photos and answered questions about his career and this Saturday’s battle with Pacquiao.

“With one million square feet of retail space and over 350 stores at the Shoppes at Venetian I think I can get in my daily roadwork and my Christmas shopping, all at the same time,” said Algieri to the delight of fans and shop owners alike. “I love Macao. It was great during my last visit on the promotional tour and it is even better this time. I am glad to be able to spend more time here.

“I worked hard for over 10 weeks in the most strenuous and productive training camp of my career. I had a lot of different sparring partners, including Zab Judah, giving me different looks to prepare me for anything Pacquiao decides to throw at me. I am 110 per cent prepared for our fight.”

When asked how a fighter could be so handsome, Algieri responded, “Every time I enter the ring I look to improve and perfect my master-boxer style of fighting – utilising the space inside the ring to my advantage. Good defence is the key to preserving my handsomeness.” Laughter and shrieks from his female fans greeted the underdog’s words.

Algieri concluded his public appearance by presenting three contest winners with autographed boxing gloves and posing for photographs with them.

Algieri will resume light training today – Monday – and meet with the first wave of U.S. media to arrive in the afternoon.

Original Source: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/chris-algieri-is-110-per-cent-prepared-for-manny-pacquiao-after-strenuous-10-week-training-camp/