Ads by Google

Get This Pop-up Window


Friday 27 June 2014

British light-welterweight: Willie Limond beats Curtis Woodhouse on points in Glasgow

It was a case of third time lucky for Willie Limond as he finally achieved his British title dream with a stylish performance against Curtis Woodhouse in Glasgow.

The 35-year-old twice floored Woodhouse with some powerful upper cuts on his way to a points victory to take the British light-welterweight belt.

"It was a great fight and Curtis pushed me all the way. I think I needed Curtis to do that to make me perform."
Willie Limond
Limond, who also retained his Commonwealth title, was eight points ahead on the referee's card and five ahead with one of the judges at ringside, the other surprisingly scoring it a draw.

“It's taken me 13 years to get it,” a delighted Limond told Sky Sports. “It was a great fight and Curtis pushed me all the way. I think I needed Curtis to do that to make me perform.


“I'd watched every one of Curtis' fights since he'd turned pro. I feel I performed the best I could at the age I'm at.” Read full Story...