Ads by Google

Get This Pop-up Window


Saturday 28 June 2014

Why Errol Spence Believes He's Ready to Be a Boxing Star

By Kevin McRae , Featured Columnist

Why Errol Spence Believes He's Ready to Be a Boxing StarErrol Spence Jr. is ready to take the next step on the path to boxing stardom.

The 24-year-old former United States Olympian will return to the ring Friday night in Las Vegas, taking on young veteran Ronald Cruz in the first scheduled 10-round fight of his professional career.

It’s being billed as a step-up fight for the Texas native, and he’s well aware of the increased challenge level that Cruz will provide, but it’s something he welcomes.

“I think he’s probably the toughest guy I’ve faced. He’s a real tough, durable fighter, and he’s going to come to fight. I know he’s a pressure fighter, and I think he’ll be my toughest test to date,” Spence said Thursday.

“I think everything in this sport is about timing and preparation, and I think I’m taking this fight at the right time in my career. I’m going to show up tomorrow, and it’s going to be a great fight.” Read full Story...